windows exe/dll/drv header decoder

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Mon Jul 3 13:23:45 GMT 2000

[Jean Francois Micouleau <Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr>]
> I'm looking for a windows binary file header decoder a la quickview.
> The source of it would be very much appreciated or if someone knows
> the windows header file format, can you get in touch with me ?

I figure the WINE people might know something.
http://www.winehq.com/tools.html says:

 * pedump  File dumper for 32-bit PE executables.  A good one (based on
   code distributed with Windows 95 System Programming Secrets) is
   available as part of the LCC environment.  The ELF equivalent is
   objdump.

The href on LCC is

  http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/index.html

I didn't see any free source code there; it looks like you have to buy
it.  (I'm not used to that sort of thing anymore!)

winehq.com also mentions their own "PE disassembler",

  ftp://ftp.winehq.com/pub/wine/disasm.tar.gz

Good luck.

Peter