Cross-subnet browsing.

Arni Ingimundarson arning at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jan 31 22:23:19 GMT 2000

Hello.

We have here on Campus multi-subnet & multi-workgroup net and are having
problem browsing.  On a search for a solution I stumbled up on this :

Quote from O'Reilly's  new Samba Book:

Windows 95/98 machines cannot become OR EVEN CONTACT a domain master browser.
The Samba group feels that this is a marketing decision from Microsoft that
forces customers to have a least one Windows NT workstation (or Samba server)
on each subnet of a multi-subnet workgroup.

Is this realy true that we need a Samba (or NT) server on each subnet for
each workgroup ???

--
Arni
arning at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de