Patch to fix Homes share problem

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Jan 29 01:27:19 GMT 2000

Hi,

over the last couple of days we have discussed that Samba was not actually
doing what the doco claimed, in tha it was always looking up the user's
home directory regardless of whether or not you had a [homes] share.

I have committed a patch to the Samba_2_0 stream now to fix that problem.

It seems to work for me, but I have not tested the lack of a [homes] share
part.

If you are used to pulling the CVS source, you might want to check the
patch out.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course