PATCH: 'source environment' param and % token subs for'netbios name'

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Sat Jan 29 04:18:58 GMT 2000

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> This sort of feature is so important for HA that I am about to commit your
> patches to 2.0.7, if Jeremy hasn't already done it.
>
> If Jeremy doesn't like the patch, he can argue about it.

Richard,

	Please don't do it *quite* yet. I fully intend to
grab it and apply it for 2.0.7 (I emailed Nicolas and
told him so), but I want to do some work
on the popen() part of it first to make it paranoid and
bullet-proof first. I recognised how useful it was for HA
work as soon as I looked over it :-).

If this message is too late, never mind, but I'll be making
a few changes to it.

I wanted to get a 2.0.7pre1 snapshot out so people could
start testing the mainline code to get ready for 2.0.7
soon (few weeks).

I'm out in Europe doing confernces (with Andrew :-) for
the next 2 weeks so email coverage will be a bit spotty :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.