Samba pre-2.0.7 snapshot available.

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Sat Jan 29 04:15:33 GMT 2000

I have made a tarball snapshot of Samba pre-2.0.7
available at :

ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/alpha/samba-2.0.7pre1.tar.gz

The WHATSNEW.txt file is not yet updated with the list
of bugfixes, although the man pages should be up to
date with the new options.

I'm making this pre1 snapshot available so people can
test that this release builds correctly on their systems
and can get some feedback about the bugs we have left to
fix before shipping "official" 2.0.7.

If people could download it and test it on (non-production:-)
servers I'd be grateful ! Remember this is the "stable" release
branch so it doesn't contain any of Luke's NT Domain controller
code, but it should be a damn stable fileserver (or I want
to hear about it :-).

FYI: I'm doing talks at LinuxWorld Paris, Open Source in
Physics (Padua, Italy) and then Usenix in Malmo (Sweeden)
over the next 2 weeks so my email response will be somewhat
spotty, although I'll attempt to monitor all responses to
the snapshot.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.