[samba-tng] spoolss conversion is complete!

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Fri Jan 28 23:44:09 GMT 2000

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> ... i didn't say it would work, though :)
>
> jean-francois, if you need any "state" information, e.g a
> connection_struct, then we're going  to have to do this:

nope. connection_struct are useless in the rpc code. well in the global
case, maybe in 1 or 2 cases ??? But not required for the spoolss.

> equivalent to what you were doing, anyway, plus i didn't have to think
> about the horrible implications of trying to set up spoolssd
> printer-shares the same way as the smbd spawned-process euugh.

the spoolss code needs to get a list of 'lp_printable()==ok' shares
including the [printers] one. that's all.

Hum well, just something. I've got your idea of splitting the rpc code
into seperate daemons from smbd, it has a lot of pros, it's an old project
you had (we talked of that almost 2 years ago at CB1).

But I really don't get your last 2 weeks work ! Is anybody on this
list able to explain why splitting the rpc server code is cool ? something
*really* necessary ? a must have for samba ?

	J.F.