PATCH: 'source environment' param and % token subs for 'netbios name'

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at wdr.com
Fri Jan 28 19:21:15 GMT 2000

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 04:57:12AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >  - Also, on our HA servers it's possible to have two Samba personalities
> >    running at the same time (one system fails and the other takes over
> >    -- we setup our home dir and applications file servers to do HA
> >    backup for each other -- we use the interfaces paramters to do this).
>
> whooooaaa.  MAJOR advanced functionality.
>
> nico, can you write this up, how to set it up?  that's kind of... really
> important marketing points for samba.

I believe I have written; last summer and fall most likely. In fact, I
requested the features in this patch.

Search the archives (and fix the links :)

Once we're ready to roll out Samba 2.0.6 (or 2.0.7) with this patch I'll
re-write the scripts we use and do a write up on Samba and HA.

BTW, the key feature for HA is the ability to bind to specific
interfaces addresses. NFS has no such options on Solaris... :(

> samba HA server.
>
> samba HydrA server.
>
> hey, i like it!

:)