coding volunteers needed for msrpc server-side API conversion

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Thu Jan 27 19:10:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 05:41:33AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > Okay, something else:
> >
> > I couldn't believe, I did it, cause I didn't like something
> > similiar, when you did it: I rewrote the server-side for
> > lsa_lookup_names to use lookup_sam_domainname() to get the
> > sid... after I did it, I asked myself, if it is a _good_
> > idea.
>
> yeah, i keep asking myself about this, too.  i'm really not sure what to
> do about this, yet.
>
> > The question is mainly: Is lsarpcd
> > - responsible for sids for domains. (don't think so)
>
> i don't think so, either.
>
> > - caching domain-sids. (one option)
> > - just redirecting _everything_ and doesn't know anything
> >   at all, when a new request arrives. (other option)
>
> yes.   that _is_ the implementation of microsoft's LSA!!!
>

> the LSA _is_ a redirector.
>
> in other words, you plug in a new lsarpcd and you have an NT5-based LSA.
>
> or, you plug in a netware-based lsarpcd.
>
> in each case, you don't _need_ samrd any more because you're not running a
> SAM-based system.
>
> lsarpcd, strictly speaking, should be implemented in terms of samr_xx()
> client-side calls.

so there _should_ be a sam_lookup_domainname_for_sid() ?

But on the other side, lsarpcd must somehow cache
something... Cause it has to know the SIDs/names for
trusted domains, so it knows whom to ask.

    Elrond