spoolss

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Thu Jan 27 09:48:11 GMT 2000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> i just wanted to say, jean-francois, that i am very impressed with your
> code.  i particularly like the sarcastic remarks about having to implement
> the same spoolss server-side bug-fixes to deal with nt client-side bugs, i
> think that's hilarious.  the thing is, microsoft _has_ to do it that way
> so as to be backwards-compatible with legacy clients.

As some MS people are reading here, I should confess that the sarcastic
remarks are not directed against anybody. It's just that sometimes it was
depressing to see _how much_ the design was poor just to have a backward
compatible API at the user level.

Please don't turn that into a flamewar, there is no reason to.

	J.F.