login server for *any* domain

Daniel Stenberg Daniel.Stenberg at haxx.nu
Wed Jan 26 10:22:38 GMT 2000

Hello, you hardcore samba hackers!

 We are currently involved in a project where we want to setup a samba
server with a somewhat special task:

 We want our samba machine to work as a login-server for all possible
domain names (eventually also with a specified list of exceptions). This
could probably be made if the master browser gets the capability to keep a
default login-server for unknown domains. This also forces the
login-server to be able to respond to an "any-domain" request.

 We want all users with any password that login with whatever domain to be
acknowledged and approved to "login". This is probably as easy as to not
make any real password check in the login-server.

 I'd be very interested in comments and suggestions in how this is done
the best way. I have not been hacking samba source before, but I'm willing
to make as big dive as it takes into this.

 If anyone else has done anything similar to this before, it would be very
interesting to get in touch.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77