samba-TNG unable to join domain

Lanny Baron lnb at freebsdsystems.com
Tue Jan 25 23:09:13 GMT 2000

Hi Luke,
I dont quite follow you with against the pdc. On Satan (the FreeBSD/Samba
server) I run the commands as stated on the site. like rpcclient in an Xterm.
When you say the PDC, WIRED is my NT PDC and there are NO ms bdc's on this lan.
If that is what you mean.

On 25-Jan-00 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Lanny Baron wrote:
>
>> Hi Luke :-)
>> I must be on cheap drugs, I installed Samba-TNG for BDC is that the SAM
>> database is replicated. Even so, the intructions on
>> http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/samba_bdc.php3 clearly show when
>> using the command createuser SERVERNAME$ -s -j you creat trust account. That
>> is
>> not happening.
>
> hmmm...  *thinks*.  you're doing this against the PDC, yes?
>
> i bet you're doing that against the [samba-tng] BDC :)

Lanny Baron
Date: 25-Jan-00
Time: 18:09:13

Hlade's Law:
	If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person -- they
will find an easier way to do it.