Compiling Samba with OpenSSL

Ervin Nagy ENagy at gmx.net
Sat Jan 22 14:44:32 GMT 2000

Hi,

I would like to compile Samba 2.0.5a with OpenSSL 0.9.4 on FreeBSD 3.3.

>From the directory

/usr/ports/net/samba/work/samba-2.0.5a/work/source

I have run the configure script

# ./configure --with-sslinc=/usr/local/include/openssl

because

/usr/local/include/openssl is the default directory where OpenSSL installs.

But while using the newly created Makefile for "make all" I still get the error message
make: don't know hot to make smbd/server.o. Stop.

I presume some directory locations are not the same with OpenSSL as with SSLeay for which the configure script is originally prepared.

Could somebody give me a hint how to work around this problem? Many thanks in advance.

Ervin Nagy
Deep Space Software Ltd
Budapest, Hungary