[SAMBA-TNG] using and createing libsmb and libmsrpc

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Thu Jan 20 01:34:01 GMT 2000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > > hey, you wannt do a pam_ntdompass, too?

> > Hmm. What do you have in mind?

> ohh, just one function call. see
> rpcclient/cmd_samr.c:cmd_sam_ntchange_pwd() as an example of what to do.
> this calls msrpc_sam_ntchange_pwd() which does everything you need.  about
> the only thing you _will_ need to do (at the moment), is call the
> following two functions:

> init_connections();
> init_policy_hnd(64);

> and that should really be it!  in fact, you shouldn't really need to call
> init_connections() because the static variables it uses should be NULL
> anyway.

Hmm. Alright, I'll take a look at it.

> hey, pams aren't reentrant, are they?
They can be.  I've seen some that weren't.  I won't guarantee that pam_smbpass
is reentrant, either, since when I started work on it, I didn't know how to
write reentrant code. :)  Probably something I should work on cleaning up.

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer