What is required to get windows 2000 support in samba?

Mike Panetta mpanetta at realminfo.com
Wed Jan 19 15:25:33 GMT 2000

I am sure that this question has been asked before so sorry for reasking
but the list archives seem to be broken as far as searching goes.

Well here is the question:  What needs to be upgraded in order to get
samba to work with windows 2000?  Is it only the kernel?  I can't seem
to get samba 2.0.6 to work with windows 2000 unless I upgrade to kernel
2.2.  Why is this?  Is it really necessary to use a 2.2.x kernel to get
win2000 support to function?  I am just curious as to what has changed
between kernels to make it work.  It would be great if I didn't really have
to change kernels. This question is specificly dealing with a redhat 5.2
distro.

Thanks,
Mike Panetta