logon home and logon path

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Jan 16 19:13:06 GMT 2000

Hi,

in preparation to fix the manual pages around what I think are the errors
in the manual pages around logon path and logon home, I would ask that
people try these things out.

What files does NT use for profiles, and how do you set mandatory profiles?

What happens under 2.0.6 with Win 9X if you set a logon path?

Does roaming profiles work better if you set logon home = \\%L\%U\profile?

The man pages need fixing ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course