access_table() challenge - win a Samba t-shirt!

Andrew Tridgell tridge at linuxcare.com
Sun Jan 16 22:39:19 GMT 2000

> Are you sure, that function is correct ?

yes, in the sense that NT4 gets exactly the same result. It was
derived from observation of NT4 and the deny tests in smbtorture show
we now match exactly.

> one IF less  :)

good.

what I'm really hoping for is a much greater reduction that that
though - I suspect there is a very simple set of rules that can give
the same result.

One of the reason I'm bothering with this is that I'd like to know
what those rules really are - it will help us understand how NT does
things. Thats why I don't just want to do a table as a table gives no
insight.

Cheers, Tridge