Adding NT user accounts

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Jan 14 19:11:58 GMT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Mark de Jong wrote:

> Luke, thanks for your quick response. The PDC is a Winnt box. right now I'm
> setting up user accounts in NT and in Linux individually. I want to
> consolidate the process. Since I cannot make linux the PDC, my next thought
> was to make it the BDC. It that necessary to create the NT user accounts? If
> so, how do I make it the BDC? Where can I get some good documentation on the
> process? www.samba.org didn't help much.

domain logons = yes
domain master = no
security = user
password server = THEPDCNAME
workgroup = THEPDCDOMAINNAME

unixrootprompt# rpcclient -S THEPDCNAME -U admin%pass -W THEPDCDOMAINNAME
[DOM\admin at PDC$ ] lsaquery
[DOM\admin at PDC$ ] createuser YOURSAMBASERVERNAME$ -s -j
create trust account: OK
join domain: OK.
[DOM\admin at PDC$ ] samsync

you WILL need to have created unix /etc/passwd entries in advance of doing
the sam sync command.