RedHat 6.0, Samba 2.0.3 and printing

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Jan 12 18:21:53 GMT 2000

Hi,

I had an odd occurrence today and I was wondering if anyone else could
confirm that this was the case.

I was working on a RH6.0 install that had Samba 2.0.3 on it from the RH CD.

It seems to have been compiled with printing set to SYSV or with the
various print commands set to lp.

Printing did not work.  I upgraded to Samba 2.0.5a off of the RedHat web
site, and it all worked again.

Is it a known problem?  Not like RedHat to stuff up like this, eh :-)

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course