wins-hook question

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Wed Jan 12 22:40:42 GMT 2000

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
>
> > > also see rfc 1088.txt... i think.
> >
> > No, Luke.  *FORGET* about 1088!
> >
> > RFC1088: A Standard for the Transmission of IP Datagrams over NetBIOS
> >          Networks
>
> oops!  :)  it was you who mentioned this to me, last time, wernit?
>
> :)

Yep, we've been 'round that corner before--and we found no cherry-flavored
cheeze pellets.  You told me about 1088 and I went and read it and found
that it was the reverse of 1001/1002.

> _where_ did i see 255.255.255.255 in an rfc?  i swear i saw it defined
> somewhere.

It's defined in microsoft docs.  See:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/winresource/dnwinnt/s76b0.htm

Chrudhipper -)-----

--
             -- I have a shoehorn, the kind with teeth. --
                                  ---