Rooted build in makefile? (was RE: Packaging directories)

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 12:11:58 GMT 2000

Erm... No.

I have a working 2.1 RPM spec which fits RedHat's layout, but I haven't
updated it for 3.0 (still using /usr/local for that at the moment).

It would be a *LOT* easier to package samba if the makefile supported a
rooted build like (say) cyrus:

install::
        $(srcdir)/install-sh -d ${DESTDIR}$(exec_prefix)/bin
        $(srcdir)/install-sh -d ${DESTDIR}$(exec_prefix)/lib
        $(srcdir)/install-sh -d ${DESTDIR}$(prefix)/include/cyrus

Unfortunately I know next to nothing about autoconf, so am not qualified to
do it. Or maybe it does already. If so, what's the command? I'll roll an
RPM.

Cheers,
Phil

The world is divided into two kinds of people, those who divide the world
into two kinds of people, and those who don't...