Translation/Conversion problems

Michael Malyshev Michael_Malyshev at mail.ru
Mon Jan 10 17:49:39 GMT 2000

Hello,

There is a huge problem with file/dir conversion on amiga systems, we use a
1251 like codeset for cyrillics here and there is no way to do a conversion
of the russian names from a pc (I believe they are in 866 there) since they
can not be displayed on amiga, there is no way to get this files ;-(

It is just about possible to use the KOI8-R translation but thats not very
usefull, I'll be glad if you could include 866 -> 1251 conversion.
I could not figure out how the conversion tables are created inside the files:

samba-2.0.6/source/lib/charset.c
samba-2.0.6/source/lib/charcnv.c

So please tell me how to do it or you can make one yourself, since it's a
very common charset, so that the problem is fixed.

I also include a 1251 codepage file for addition to the samba distribution
that I have made.

Kind regards