Character set and client code page in samba 2.0.6.

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Tue Jan 4 22:23:17 GMT 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:05:24 +1100, hai scritto:

>I've attached the patch to 2.0.6 sources, if you could
>apply this and try it out I'd be very grateful.

I applied the patch. It was not 100% clean: 2 offsets and 1 reject
solved with upper/lowercase the line with PromptSize/PROMPTSIZE.

It works. I see/put/get accented filenames both on win98/95 and samba
shares.

Now, :-) how about solving the same problem in smbmount (implementing
the patches to kernel and smbmount
http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/)?

giulioo at pobox.com