Full names and user managers

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Jan 4 16:22:23 GMT 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Chavous P. Camp wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I finally managed to get the SAMBA_TNG code. I had to get it from

hooray!

> sernet.pair.com. Anyway, Full names show up as  <Full Name>
> I don't mean that the correct name shows up there. I mean the words "Full
> Name" show up in brackets everywhere the full name of the current user is
> referenced.  For example, I lock my workstation, it says this workstation
> has been locked by <Full Name>.

urr.... :)  that's not very good :-) :-)

> Ok, so it's no big deal. Its only aesthetic. :) but if anyone knows a fix
> for it I'd love to hear it. The smbpasswd file does indeed have full names
> listed after each user name.
>
> Next on the list - the user manager. It is still telling me that an RPC
> error occurred. I thought someone said that the user manager for domains
> SHOULD work under samba.... This isn't as big of a deal either, as I have no
> problem going to my SSH client to add a user.

well, it's a big deal for me!  if usrmgr doesn't run, i wanna know about
it!  it's one of my "test cases".

oh, and i have no problem with you using ssh client to add users, either,
i'd rather you had he option of running usrmgr, too, though!

ok, for both these cases, can you do me some debug logs, level 100, with
"debug timestamps = no anddebug level =100"?

... actually, that's probably not going to help _very_ much, without
comparative netmon traces against NT.

i'm back in front of my test network some time after the 10th, so i can
test this "full name" think, then, and usrmgr.  which _did_ work fine, two
weeks ago!

> I like the new multiple daemon architecture, by the way :).

you do??? very cool.