talloc()

Andrew Tridgell tridge at linuxcare.com
Tue Jan 4 14:29:27 GMT 2000

> i don't know if you want to consider adding a reference count system, but
> it might help.

If you can tell me how to do it while maintaining our current
interfaces then I would be interested. Remember, we don't have a
garbage collector and we can't do one in C (no, I don't want to start
using C++ in Samba).

I don't see how to ref count memory without adding code at all the
points you would need a free if you just used malloc/free. Think about
the lp_string() case and how it is currently used.