Character set and client code page in samba 2.0.6.

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Tue Jan 4 08:27:44 GMT 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:36:53 +1100, hai scritto:

>Thanks for your help on this, please get back to me asap
>as we are trying to decide upon the fixes that should go into
>Samba 2.0.7 at the moment.

I have the same smbclient problem (with win98 share), the problem
persists if the file is on a samba share. smbclient1.9.18p10 works ok
both with win98 and samba shares.

There is a list of problems I have with 2.0.6 (hup/log is the major
one). I'd like to test if they are solved in the latest cvs.

However the cvs lately is confusing: SAMBA_2_0 has a file saying it's
2.0.4, another one with pre-2.0.6.
I use "cvs update -d -P -r SAMBA_2_0".

Can you make a snapshot of the latest SAMBA_2_0 and post to the list
where it is, so that we can use it before posting about problems with
2.0.6?

Thanks.

giulioo at pobox.com