Character set and client code page in samba 2.0.6.

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Mon Jan 3 15:54:17 GMT 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:04:47 +1100, hai scritto:

>    mapped  to CP852 ones. But if we now execute dir command, the
>    result will be completly unreadable. All filenames with CP852
>    characters  will  be  distorted  -  some of them will vanish,
I have the same problem with
character set = iso8859-1
client code page = 850

I think it's a known problem, and maybe will be fixed in 2.0.7.
I use linux so that I can use smbmount to mount win dirs with a patched
kernel and/or smbmount and see the files ok :-)
(stock kernel + smbmount have similar problems).

giulioo at pobox.com