SAMBA_TNG status report and design discussion.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Jan 2 18:52:44 GMT 2000

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba.org>

> On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 (19100), John E. Malmberg wrote:
>
> > With the assumption that I get the VMS port up to speed, please put the
> > routines that do the dynamic load of a module in separate files?
>
> would a sys_dlopen() do?

A quick check shows that the dlopen() and friends are resolved by the
current version of the OpenVMS C Runtime library.  Now how many versions
back, and if they actually work are another thing.

I have always used the native Operating system calls for this, so I was
ignorant of these RTL functions.

If the do not provide the functionallity for all versions of OpenVMS, that
should not be hard to fix.

So dlopen() should be fine, but it means that I need to research it's
implementation.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net