ACL / SD support

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Tue Feb 22 15:06:59 GMT 2000

	Yes.  by kernel objects, I mean objects that are actually
encapsulated by the native OS kernel.  On most posix systems this will be:

	 - devices
	 - files
	 - directories
	 - sockets
	 - pipes

	For non-kernel objects, you have no choice to do the access checks
yourself.  However, that's not particularly dangerous or wasteful, as in
those cases it is possible to completely encapsulate such objects yourself.