ACL / SD support

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Thu Feb 17 18:11:45 GMT 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > and how do I make a SD for a non persistent object ? Like a print job ?
>
> first of all, do you _need_ an SD for a print job?

ME ? no. I don't need an SD, but I need a coffee.

GetPrinter level 4 need an SD, that's the hidden side of the security
tab->permission on a printer.

> > implementing the SD alone are useless, let's implement ACCESS TOKENS !
>
> jean-f, the discussion here is regarding file and directory objects, not
> print objects.  therefore, any arguments and discussion related to print
> objects do not apply to file and directory objects.

true. but SD are used everywhere, on disk objects, print objects, process,
physical ports, washing machine, you can stick an SD on most object in NT.

So I propose to go one step further and implement Access Tokens.

> we can open up another thread if you like to discuss those.  i am going to
> have to emulate the use of SDs in the lsarpc and samr pipes and probably
> the svcctl pipe, too.  basically, by storing an SD in a file on a
> per-object basis, or implicitly creating one in memory-only.

So you agree with me. We need SD for everything !

	J.F.
I have been assimilated, thanks to my SD ;-)