Samba execute issue.

Dan Kaminsky effugas at best.com
Thu Feb 17 17:06:15 GMT 2000

> I was just working with a customer who is getting a
> message of "Execute permission denied" when running
> any of the executables in the bin directory. I have
> checked the permissions on the files and have opened
> them up to 777 and still have the same problem. In the
> same directory there is an ascii script, this script will
> execute fine.
>
> HP platform Samba 2.05a
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Brian Stephens
> SDRC - Staff Technologists

Where did the customer get his binaries?  Were they compiled on that
machine, or were they NFS copied from somewhere else?

Is there an equivalent to strace/truss on the HPUX platform?  You should
be able to see exactly where it's failing there.

Yours Truly,

	Dan Kaminsky
	DoxPara Research
	http://www.doxpara.com