NT ACL / Security descriptor checking function

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Feb 11 13:53:19 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > :) oh good.

	If you live in the States or Canada, you used to be able
	to get a copy of the "Grey Book" by writing and asking
	for one.  Now it apparently costs $3.00... I have a
	copy at home...

	The grey book explains the security guy's study of
	mapping ACLs to unix permission bits. It's wordy
	and boring, but they did a very **thorough** job.

	Aha! found it on-line:
	http://www.fas.org/irp/nsa/rainbow/tg020-a.htm

	If you want background information on ACLs, the
	Discretinary Access Control in Trusted Systems
	book is there too. Same caveats!

--dave (former Multician and, later, Professional Paranoid) c-b
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com