Browsing multiple subnets

lluisma lluisma at osi-technologies.com
Thu Feb 10 08:55:23 GMT 2000

1. Is it possible to configure samba running on a dual-subnet host to
become local master on one subnet but never on the 2nd subnet?
Specifically, can I associate Local Master in smb.conf with a particular
interface? The two subnets belong to the same NT domain.

2. On a given subnet of one NT domain, is it possible to have a local
master and a master browser to coexist? I have read that a local master
is not needed if the master browser already exist on the same subnet.
What is the implication if I configured samba to be local master on a
subnet that also has the master browser(NT)? Will samba still serve
browse list together with the master browser?

Thanks.

LLU