BUG FIX Tale 2 - : LOCKING_SLOW.C in SAMBA 2.0.6

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed Feb 9 03:48:48 GMT 2000

Continuing on attempting to get the SHARE_MODES running.

Now this problem occurs when a share file is being created, and still has a
size of 0, when read_share_file() is called.  read_share_file() returns a
zero, but "buf" is returned as NULL.

This causes an Access Violation to occur after old line 1070.

This should be a platform independent issue.

> ************ Fixed *********
> File PROJECT_ROOT:[SAMBA_VMS.LOCKING]LOCKING_SLOW.C;8
>  1069     if(read_share_file( 0, fd, lname, &buf, &new_file) != 0) {
>  1070       close(fd);
 1071
 1072      /* If a new file is being created */
 1073     /*--------------------------------*/
 1074     if (buf == NULL) {
 1075         close(fd);
 1076         continue;
 1077     }

> ****** Bad Original **************
> File CMS_ROOT:[SAMBA.SOURCE.LOCKING]LOCKING_SLOW.C;7
>  1069     if(read_share_file( 0, fd, lname, &buf, &new_file)) {
>  1070       close(fd);

> The platform specifics:
>
> Samba Version: 2.0.6
> O/S: OpenVMS 7.2
> Compiler: DEC C 6.0

Now SMBSTATUS is reporting accurately the status of the share files for
OpenVMS.

However I am still chasing down share mode locking problems with the SMBD
:-(