preallocated file size

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Tue Feb 8 18:01:47 GMT 2000

	Maybe only do this for NT clients.

	Under Unix, the actual disk space is not alocated until it is
written to -- consequently, there are a few Unix apps that expect to be able
to get away with seeking and writing way out into a file, even if the
resulting file size would be more than allowed by disk space or quota.

	So, this might cause issues for Unix SMB clients.