preallocated file size

Andreas Abach Abach at LKT.Uni-Erlangen.de
Mon Feb 7 15:31:38 GMT 2000

There is still another bug in Samba. When writing a file to share that
is larger than the free space on the disk the file is allocated with
its full length. During the copy process you'll get an error, but the
file will be left on the samba-share and it will be reported with it's
original size. A full report can be read at
www.lkt.uni-erlangen.de/samba-bug/. The same happens when quotas are
used. I send this problem to this list some weeks ago, but it seams to
unimportant to the mass.

Andreas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Abach * Lehrstuhl fuer Kunststofftechnik Uni Erlangen
 Tel.: +49-9131-85297-06 * Fax.: -09 * email: Abach at LKT.Uni-Erlangen.de