Win2k & Samba compatibility?

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Mon Feb 7 05:04:20 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I'm going to be giving a talk this week at the university LUG regarding Samba.
Given the timing of this talk, and the diversity of the group that'll be
attending :), someone is bound to ask the obvious questions re: getting Samba
to work with Win2k. :)  I see from the samba-ntdom archive that Win2k is now
able to log into a Samba-TNG PDC.  That's great news!  How difficult is this
to get working?  And is this likely to be ported to any of the other CVS
branches?

I remember catching something last month about Win2k running in "NT4
compatibility mode".  Is this still required for domain logins?  What about
Kerberos 5 support--are we likely to see that in Samba any time soon? :)

If you're reading on samba-ntdom, please cc: as I don't follow the list.

TIA,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer