Questions about unsupported registry hive (perfmon data)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Feb 4 01:52:04 GMT 2000

yeah.  i have code that checks the return result, i think!, and requests
the buffer size returned in the returned call.

stupid damn api, who in he;ll's name came up with an API which you have to
make a function call twice, when MSRPC is perfectly capable of doing
dynamic buffer/structure allocation!

 On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Matt Chapman
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 10:53:37AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > >
> > >  The Samba client sends a similar request, but gets a short response,
> > >  which rpcclient reports as:
> > >
> > >    REG_INFO: NT_STATUS_UNEXPECTED_MM_CREATE_ERR
> >
> > can you send me a #define for STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW, and also look up the
> > Win32 error code 234 (decimal)?
>
> #define STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW           ((NTSTATUS)0x80000005L)
> #define ERROR_MORE_DATA                  234L    // dderror
>
> Clearly the maximum length we are passing into REG_INFO is too small.
>
> 	Matt
>

> --
> Matthew "Austin" Chapman
> SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals