FEATURE REQ: safe % expansion via new syntax

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Tue Feb 1 21:46:57 GMT 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> no, that's not the case.  spoolssd calls nt_printing.c which calls
> printing.c (remaps).
>
> unfortunately, it takes a crec parameter which i have had to set to NULL

you mean a connection_struct.

> because the concept of a crec (representing a service section in smb.conf)
> doesn't _exist_ in spoolssd, and even if it did, it would be the IPC$
> share not the [printer-name] share!!!!

we can simulate here (there is no joke in that sentence :-) ).

We have enough info in spoolss_openprinter_ex() to make a fake
connection_struct. It makes me think I should do that and attach it to the
PRINTER_HANDLE in openprinter_ex.

> brain-dead, huh?  it's the difference between NT-style printing and winXX
> printing, and it's a pain.

not brain-dead. the spoolss is cool. DCE/RPC in NT was a good idea, the
troubles come from the implementation.

	J.F.