FEATURE REQ: safe % expansion via new syntax

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at wdr.com
Tue Feb 1 21:38:23 GMT 2000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:50:38AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> > So far as I know ALL of those parameters are implemented in smbd only
> > (as they are SMB-specific) and, specifically, 'print command' and the
> > open/close command parameters call string_sub() directly with values
> > that are too dynamic to ever store in a TDB.
>
> ... *thinks*...
>
> no, that's not the case.  spoolssd calls nt_printing.c which calls
> printing.c (remaps).
>
> unfortunately, it takes a crec parameter which i have had to set to NULL
> because the concept of a crec (representing a service section in smb.conf)
> doesn't _exist_ in spoolssd, and even if it did, it would be the IPC$
> share not the [printer-name] share!!!!
>
> brain-dead, huh?  it's the difference between NT-style printing and winXX
> printing, and it's a pain.

Yeah, but all that's needed for most cases is the printer name,
username and file-to-print path.

Provided that's passed somehow to the spoolss service (I imagine it is,
otherwise how could it work) you can fudge it so the spoolss service can
map the relevant % tokens.

> luke

Nico
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-

related financial instruments.