UNICODE string case-conversion

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Tue Feb 1 20:30:52 GMT 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Cole, Timothy D. wrote:

> 	From what I understand, glibc 2.1's localization stuff is still a
> bit dodgy, too... besides, you can't assume that the system you're on will
> have glibc 2.1 or another libc that does this right (not all do).

What do you find dodgy about glibc 2.1's locale support?  I haven't had any
problems with it, but I also don't use locales that require Unicode support...
:)

But yes, I agree, Samba shouldn't depend on the system libraries for Unicode
support.  I was only pointing it out in case the code itself would be
reusable.

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer