FEATURE REQ: safe % expansion via new syntax

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at wdr.com
Tue Feb 1 20:04:45 GMT 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> if this was a proposal to have scripts run inside smb.conf processing,
> then no, it's not going to be added.
>
> if you want to do that, run the scripts to _generate_ the smb.conf files
> as part of some external admin task.

No, the idea is to make some parameters (see list below) safer to use.

Particularly, I'd like to make Andy Bakun's open/close command patch
safer as well so I can make use of it. The open/close command patch is
very useful, and tons safer than the 'magic script' parameter...

The parameters I'm trying to make safer to use are:

 - root preexec
 - root postexec
 - preexec
 - postexec
 - print command
 - open command (from Andy Bakun's patch)
 - close command (from Andy Bakun's patch)

BTW, I'll code this feature, just like I did with 'source environment';
I just want to know what method is preferred.

As I think about it I'm beginning to settle for making the code that
implements those parameters call safe_quote() prior to calling
string_sub() directly; as for the % tokens substituted by
standard_sub_basic(), oh well.

Nico
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-

related financial instruments.