Directory listing in libsmbclient.so

alian alian at alianwebserver.com
Sat Dec 30 11:12:59 GMT 2000

Hi,

> Firstly, the libsmbclient.so library alreay has a way for authentication
> information to be provided. There is a callback that is supplied when the
> smbc_init call is made.

Yes but it's force to include a .c with function auth_fn defined to final
client build. In Perl I can do that but with Java ? I put  a beta release of
Perl module smbclient on CPAN, but I hope I can in future release include
other parameters to new function like user, password, ...

> However, it is possible that an in-line method of specifying authentication
> may be needed as well.

Agree and specially for script used with crontab, CGI, ...
--
Alain BARBET
http://www.alianwebserver.com