smb://

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Fri Dec 29 19:36:22 GMT 2000

agreed.  lets move on... The fact is, the workgroup has nothing to do with
the server.  The server can register to be in a workgroup, but knowing the
workgroup is not necesary to access the machine, and specifying it doesn't
really help either, since the workgroup is not even used in resolving the
server name.  the only thing that is needed is the domain for authentication
purposes, and that is defined in the user identification field. (or before
it depending on how you want to look at it...)