Directory listing in libsmbclient.so

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Fri Dec 29 18:45:19 GMT 2000

So the question is, can browsing be defined as a funtion of the smb
protocol?  Now that I have put some thaught into it beyond the quick replies
earlier, I would have to say, yes.  Because smb w/o netbios is no longer
smb, but rather CIFS. So if SMB is specific to the netbios service, then
it's probably acceptable to say that workgroup browsing is part of SMB.  So
with that, I reject my previous comments, and position on the use of nmb://
or nbbs://, becase netbios is required by SMB, so it would not be wrong to
wrap it up into one overloaded protocol.  Afterall, we don't use a dns://
protocol to browse dns zones....

Sorry to flip flop so quickly, but such is the life of a busy thread.. :)

Armand