Directory listing in libsmbclient.so

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Dec 27 12:19:22 GMT 2000

Simo Sorce wrote:
> following win semantic isn't it better to use:
>
> smb://workgroup\user:password/server/share ?

Aside from using the rather unpleasant backslash character, that
doesn't follow the "standard" URI syntax defined in the applicable
RFCs.  You might have a case for doing:

    smb://workgroup/user:password@server/share

since the "workgroup" portion of the path is defining the "domain"
of the URI, but otherwise I'd avoid making up new ways to do the
same thing with lots of bad side-effects... (How long did it take to
get rid of the mandatory backslashes in SAMBA?  How many problems
have they cause for Microsoft? :)

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com