warnings on compile

okuyamak at dd.iij4u.or.jp okuyamak at dd.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Dec 16 19:44:09 GMT 2000

>> If you are GOD, go ahead. Even as a GOD, I don't recommend the way
>> we do now, but word 'GOD' stands for "infinite resource", so I wont'
>> stop you. But I can give you an oracle that you will fail.
JA> No, that's not what I meant as I'm sure you know :-).

I was sure that you are (^o^).

JA> What I meant is that we grep for *every* use of open/fopen
JA> and check that it cannot be used for mktemp races. It's
JA> not so difficult.

Ah... Jeremy. "It's not so difficult" is quite different from "It'll
never be difficult". I'm sure that you can do this work in very good
quality. But still, we have chance of sneeking the problem into the
samba code. And there is chance that you might miss the change.
----
Kenichi Okuyama at Tokyo Research Lab. IBM-Japan, Co.