warnings on compile

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Dec 15 08:28:13 GMT 2000

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 01:55:30PM +0900, Kenichi Okuyama wrote:

> 1) The fact that we are using safely, this doesn't mean we are
>    proven to keep using them safely even from now on.

Yes it does, 'cos we're not going to ship a production
version unless all open calls have been audited for just
this problem. We did this back when the problem was first
brought to our attention, and we've done it ever since.

Eternal vigillance is the price of security. I have no
problem with delaying a release until Andrew or I have
examined the code for obvious problems like this.

Jeremy.