warnings on compile

Kenichi Okuyama okuyamak at dd.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Dec 15 02:44:20 GMT 2000

TP> Well the warning is technically right - mktmp() may *possibly* be
TP> used unsafely but it isn't in this case.  (-:
TP> It's a pretty annoying error though.  I wonder if it's possible
TP> to patch gcc to determine whether the O_EXCL flag is not being
TP> used and then print out the warning rather than always doing it.

How can you possibly do such thing when you don't even know whether
the passed string WILL EVEN BE USED AS FILENAME?

I think we should rather create mktemp() and mkstemp() of our own,
without using mktemp() of library. As far as I know, what we really
need is mkstemp() with filename not having ':', and because we can
see the glibc codes, I think we can do this.

I don't think we really need mktemp() at all.
# Do we really/truely? Where??
----
Kenichi Okuyama at Tokyo Research Lab, IBM-Japan. Co.