pdb dependencies in RPC_PARSE objects

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Dec 13 18:11:28 GMT 2000

Tim Potter wrote:

> Is it possible to break the dependency between PASSDB_OBJ and
> RPC_PARSE?  The chain goes like this: RPC_PARSE -> parse_samr.c
> -> pdb_*() -> PASSDB_OBJ.
>
> It seems a bit unecessary to have to link in the passdb objects
> to use the rpc parsing routines when all I want to do is marshall
> and unmarshall some lsa functions.
>
> I got the impression that the init_xyz_info123() functions in
> parse_xyz.c would in general take data passed to the function and
> pack it into the XYZ_INFO_123 structure, rather than actually
> generate the data inside the function.
>
> Anyone up for an argument?  (-:
>
> Tim.

Tim,

The link between passdb and the rpc_samr* functions is
there currently because I did a quick a dirty replace of all
the smbpasswd lookups when commiting the new passdb functions.
I agree there should be no link between parsing prs_struct
and the user/group account storage.

I can clean them up or you can.  Which ever one of has the
time. :-)

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org