MySQL module

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Wed Dec 6 22:30:28 GMT 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > My module for password authorization in Samba
> > works fine(checking passwords, updating
> > passwords, deleting/adding accounts) in Samba 2.0.7. But
> > what should I change in it so it works with the Samba
> > 2.2.x series?
>
> I cannot remember any specific changes in the passdb stuff
> between 2.0.x and the current SAMBA_2_2 code.  The passdb
> API in head has been reimplemented.  There was a long thread on
> this mailing list in the past month about this.

I may confirm that I've not noticed any change in passdb backends
between 2.0.7- 2.2/head before the latest rewrites.

> The passdb API in head will eventually get moved to 2.2.  Some
> release other than .0 of course.  If you want to match this
> new API, check ths mail list archives and let me know of
> some specific questions.

I'm interested in MySQL backend, may you post the code?
I may point to you critical changes needed eventually!

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451